Annual HFLA Food Drive
It is that time of year again! Highland Forest will hold our annual food drive. All donations will go to the Varnell United Methodist Church for distribution to families in need through the Community Christmas program and their Community Food Bank. This is a great time to clean out your pantry and donate those non-expired items that have been stuck in the back.
Items needed include non-perishable foods such as
- Canned fruits, vegetables, meats
- Canned soups, sauces and meals
- Dried pasta, rice, potatoes
We will have several opportunities to donate:
- There will be a box outside the HFLA Community Center every day from November 14 through November 19. We will collect food items daily to keep from attracting pests and animals.
- If you want to donate, but can’t get out or make it to the above donation times, please contact Nicole Turner at (928) 830-5701 and we will arrange a pick-up.
It’s also time for the Annual Varnell Community Christmas Drive!!! Community Christmas is a way to help make sure no child goes without this holiday season. The list of families and children is compiled primarily by the school guidance counselors to make sure those in the most need are not overlooked. This annual event is sponsored by the City of Varnell, Varnell United Methodist, Varnell Elementary and all the wonderful citizens that go shopping for our Children every year.
The Christmas list is in. You can stop by Varnell City Hall and pick up a list of as few or as many children as you can help. Some of these children are in need of the bare basics, warm clothing, jackets, shoes, etc.
Please stop by during normal business hours, Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm, and pick up a child's list. They do ask that you spend a $100.00 minimum per child. All gifts need to be returned by December 2, 2021.
If you would rather donate individual toys, or money, those will be accepted as well. Varnell Elementary is holding their toy drive all week this week. If you have toys to donate, you can reach out to Nicole Turner at (928) 930-5701 and she will be happy to pick up from you and drop off at the school.